Table of contents
- I. General
- II. Responsible entity
- III. Your rights
- IV. Processing of personal data during informative use of our website
- V. Processing of personal data through cookies
- VI. Other functions and offers of our website
- VII. Contact
- VIII. Google Analytics
- IX. MyFonts Counter
(1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website.
(2) The term “personal data” means, with reference to the definition of Article 4 No. 1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”), all data that can be related to you personally. This includes, for example, name, address, e-mail address, user behavior. With regard to further terminology, in particular the terms “processing”, “controller”, “processor” and “consent”, we refer to the legal data protection definitions of Art. 4 DSGVO.
(3) As a matter of principle, we only process personal data insofar as this is necessary to provide a functional website and the content and services we offer. Personal data is regularly only processed if you have given us your consent within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) a) DSGVO or if the processing is permitted by statutory provisions, in particular by one of the legal bases specified in Art. 6 (1) b) to f) DSGVO.
(4) Your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage no longer applies. Storage may also take place if this has been provided for by national or European regulations to which we are subject. In this case, the data will be blocked or deleted when the storage period prescribed by the respective regulations has expired. The latter does not apply if further storage of the data is necessary for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
(5) Insofar as we make use of commissioned service providers for individual functions of our website or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below.
II. Responsible body
(1) The responsible party within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 DSGVO, the other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union and other regulations and provisions of a data protection nature is:
Lhotse Analytics GmbH
Managing Directors: Daniel Demuth, Nicolas Neubauer
Phone: 0261 8854261
Registry Court: Amtsgericht Koblenz
Register number: HRB 27549
(2) Further details on the responsible body can be found in our imprint.
III. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- the right to information,
- the right to rectification and erasure,
- the right to restriction of processing,
- the right to object to processing,
- the right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
IV. Processing of personal data during informative use of our website
(1) If you call up our website without registering or otherwise providing us with information (“informational use”), we only collect the personal data that your web browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to enable you to view our website and to ensure its stability and security: IP address, date and time of the request, time zone difference to GMT, content of the web page, access status (HTTP status), amount of data transferred, request website, web browser, operating system, language and version of the browser.
(2) The aforementioned data is also stored in so-called log files on our servers. A storage of this data together with other personal data of you does not take place.
(3) The collection and temporary storage of the IP address is necessary to enable the delivery of our website to your terminal device. For this purpose, your IP address must be stored for the duration of your visit to our website.
(4) The storage of the above data in log files serves to ensure the functionality and optimization of our website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
(5) An evaluation of this data for marketing purposes does not take place.In the above purposes lies our legitimate interest in data processing. The legal basis for the collection and temporary storage of the aforementioned data and the log files is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.The aforementioned data for the provision of our website will be deleted when the respective session has ended. The collection of the above data to provide our website and the storage of this data in log files is mandatory for the operation of our website. There is no possibility to object.
V. Processing of personal data through cookies
(1) We use so-called cookies on our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the storage medium of your end device, for example on a hard drive, and through which we, as the body that sets the cookie, receive certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your end device. This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below.
(2) Cookies that are stored associated with your web browser:
- Transient cookies: These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your web browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your web browser to the joint session. This makes it possible to recognize your terminal device when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted as soon as you log out or close the web browser.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined duration, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies at any time in the settings of your web browser.
(3) The processing of personal data by the above cookies serves to make the offer of our website as a whole more user-friendly and effective for you. Some functions of our website cannot be offered without the use of these cookies. In particular, some functions of our website require that your web browser can still be identified after a page change. If you have an account, we use the cookies to identify you for subsequent visits. This prevents you from having to log in again each time you visit our website. Those data processed by cookies that are required to provide the functions of our website are not used to create user profiles. Insofar as cookies are used for analysis purposes, they serve to improve the quality and user-friendliness of our website, its content and functions. They enable us to track how the website, which functions and how often they are used. This enables us to continuously optimize our offer.
(4) Our legitimate interest in data processing lies in the above purposes. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
(5) The above cookies are stored on your terminal device and transmitted from it to our server. You can therefore configure the processing of data and information by cookies yourself. You can make appropriate configurations in the settings of your web browser, through which you can, for example, reject third-party cookies or cookies altogether. In this context, we would like to point out that you may then not be able to use all functions of our website properly. In addition, we recommend a regular manual deletion of cookies as well as your browser history.
VI. Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the aforementioned informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. This usually requires the provision of further personal data. We need this data to provide the respective service. The aforementioned data processing principles apply here.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers who have been carefully selected and commissioned by us to process this data. These service providers are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored by us. Insofar as personal data is passed on to third parties in the course of services that we offer together with partners, you can find more detailed information in the following descriptions of the individual services. If these third parties are based in a country outside the European Economic Area, you can find more detailed information about the consequences of this circumstance in the following descriptions of the individual services.
(1) If you contact us by e-mail, the personal data you send us with your e-mail will be stored.
(2) We also have a contact form on our website that you can use to contact us. In doing so, the data you enter in the input mask will be transmitted to us and stored: Name, e-mail address, telephone, company.
(4) The processing of the above personal data is solely for the purpose of processing your inquiries.
(5) The processing of further personal data, which is generated by the use of the contact form provided on our website, serves to prevent misuse and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
(6) This is also our legitimate interest in processing your personal data. Insofar as you have given us your consent for this, the legal basis for the processing of this data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO. Otherwise, the legal basis for the processing of this data is Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO, in particular in the event that the data is transmitted to us by you by sending us an e-mail. Insofar as you want to work towards the conclusion of a contract through your e-mail, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) DSGVO represents an additional legal basis.
(7) Subject to legal retention periods, the data will be deleted as soon as we have conclusively processed your request. When contacting us by e-mail, you can object to the storage of your personal data at any time. We would like to point out that in this case your request cannot be processed any further. You can declare the revocation or the objection by sending an e-mail to our e-mail address given in the imprint.
VIII. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics only with the previously described activated IP anonymization. This means that your IP address is only processed by Google in a shortened form. A personal reference can thus be excluded.
We use Google Analytics for the purpose of analyzing the use of our website and to be able to continuously improve individual functions and offers as well as the user experience. Through the statistical evaluation of user behavior, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a) DSGVO (consent).
You can also prevent the storage of cookies generated by Google Analytics by making the appropriate settings in your web browser. We would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of our website. If you wish to prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your user behavior (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google, you can also download and install the web browser plugin available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
In order to oblige Google to process the transmitted data only in accordance with our instructions and to comply with the applicable data protection regulations, we have concluded an order processing agreement with Google.
Information of the third-party provider: Google Ireland Limited, Google Building Gordon House, Barrow St, Dublin 4, Ireland.
For further information on data use by Google, on setting and objection options and on data protection, please refer to the following Google web pages:
- Data protection overview: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de&ref_topic=2919631
- Data use by Google when you use our partners’ websites or apps: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=de
- Data use for advertising purposes: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=de
- Settings for personalized advertising by Google: https://adssettings.google.de
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
IX. MyFonts Counter
We use “MyFonts Counter” on our website, a service of Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc., 600 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn, MA 01801, USA (hereinafter referred to as: “Monotype”). MyFonts Counter stores and processes information about your user behavior on our website. MyFonts Counter uses, among other things, cookies, i.e. small text files that are stored locally in the cache of your web browser on your terminal device and that enable an analysis of your use of our website.
We use MyFonts Counter for marketing and optimization purposes, in particular to analyze the use of our website and to continuously improve individual functions and offers as well as the user experience. Through the statistical evaluation of user behavior, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. This is also our legitimate interest in the processing of the above data by the third-party provider. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by deleting existing cookies and deactivating the storage of cookies in the settings of your web browser. We point out that in this case you may not be able to use all features of our website in full. You can object to the collection and forwarding of personal data or prevent the processing of this data by deactivating the execution of Java Script in your browser. In addition, you can prevent the execution of Java-Script code altogether by installing a Java-Script blocker (e.g. https://noscript.net/ or https://www.ghostery.com). Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.